Don't Let Mold in Your Home Go Untreated
The start of a mold growth may not be in plain sight, it may be first determined by a musty odor within your house. If the musty odor is present, then there may be a growth going on out of plain sight, and it is important to take action. If the mold problem is visible, it is also important to take immediate action. Mold is dangerous because we cannot always see the growing mold colonies or the spreading of mold spores. Disturbing the mold by trying to self-remediate can be dangerous because the disturbance will cause the spore mass to aerosolize and release into the air stream and, therefore, allow it to spread further. This is why you should always call in a professional mold remediation team to take care of the problem. They will contain the affected area and block off the rest of the home, as to not spread the mold spores further.
By acting as soon as you notice a presence of mold you are not only stopping it from spreading further, but you are increasing your chance of preserving and saving irreplaceable items within your home.
Don't let mold get ahold of your home and valuables, call SERVPRO of Montgomery & Pulaski Counties at 540-389-3753, and we will make it, "Like it never even happened."