Signs You May Have Mold in Your House
We all know that musty smell of an old damp basement, or a vacant lake house after a long, hot summer. This is the smell that signifies a mold growth within a home. A lot of times it is invisible to us, which makes mold such a dangerous thing. If you are unsure of whether you may have a mold growth in your home, here are some other signs that you may have a problem!
Smelling a Mold Odor
The musty smell of mold is a great signal that you need to call in a professional to check out your home. A lot of times we brush it off as the smell of an old house, but it is important to make sure you are not dealing with a larger issue.
Seeing Signs of Mold Growth
If you are able to see an actual mold growth around your home, it is definitely time to call in a professional to take care of the problem. Mold spores spread when they get disturbed, so a professional can block off the affected area while they are ridding of the issue.
Signs of Water Problems
Moisture is the key to mold growth, so if you see that you are having trouble with leaks or condensation, it may mean you need to check for a mold growth around the area.
If your home experienced a previous flooding issue, it is important to check on the area in case the issue was not remedied properly. Failure to completely dry out the area after a flooding incident could leave the environment in perfect growing conditions for mold.
Headaches or Trouble Concentrating
Headaches and trouble concentrating are two side effects of exposure to mold. Everyone reacts differently, but for those who are strongly intolerant, the presence of mold can negatively affect their health.
If you find yourself with a mold problem within your home, call SERVPRO of Montgomery & Pulaski Counties, and we will make it "Like it never even happened."