April Showers, May flooding? Tips to Prepare
Did April Showers Leave You With May Flooding?
Floods are among the most frequent and costly natural disasters in terms of human hardship and economic loss. If your home is affected by flooding there are steps you can take to help ease the sting of water damage.
- Be Careful
- If you are filing an insurance claim call your insurance to review your coverages
- Check for potential electrical hazards and call professionals if needed
- Clean and dry as much of the area(s) as possible.
- When cleaning check for mold, foundation cracks, and loose flooring
- Take photos of damage on any of the items as well as your home
- Remove any molded items out of common living spaces to reduce exposure
SERVPRO of Montgomery & Pulaski Counties will continue to post more tips and resources on water damage and flood prevention. Make sure to follow us on social media and check back on our site.